Info on the 2020 Faith Formation year is coming soon.
Fr. Chris Tozzi and the staff at St. Thérèse of Carmel welcome you to our Faith Formation program. We hope that you find all the information you need here and if not, please do not hesitate to call or email us!
Faith Formation should be a life-long process and children learn at different depths throughout their faith journeys. It is our sincere hope that children remain in Faith Formation continuously through 6th grade in preparation for life as adult disciples of Jesus. Our Church offers on going Faith Formation so children and youth can continue to grow deeper in relationship with God in between the reception of Sacraments. We have ministries for Middle School (Edge) and High School (Life Teen), and adults as well.
- Weekly classes for children not enrolled in a Catholic school.
- Classes begin: TBA
- Classes are offered on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:15pm – 5:30pm (5th and 6th grade offered on Wednesdays only).
- All materials needed for the classes are provided.
- There is a registration fee, however, no child would be turned away for financial reasons.
First Grade and Continuing Faith Formation
- Registration fees for faith formation covers books, supplies, operating expenses, seasonal activities, and related expenses. Payment must accompany registration.
First Communion and First Reconciliation
Our first communion program is a two year process that begins in first grade and completes in second grade. We also have class options for those beginning their first communion journey post first/second grade.
At St. Therese of Carmel we also offer first communion preparation for students outside of second grade. If your child is beginning their journey with the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Eucharist at an older age they are able to be registered in our STAR program (Scripture, Tradition, and Rites) where they will learn about the faith with other students their age and who are at the same place in their faith journey as they are.
- Registration fees for Sacramental prep. covers books, supplies, operating expenses, seasonal activities, first communion and first reconciliation ceremonies materials, and first communion photography. Payment must accompany registration.
- PLEASE NOTE: No family is ever denied religious education due to an inability to pay. Please contact the Director of religious Education to inquire about scholarships.
To register your child for Sacramental Preparation, please submit the following to the parish office or online:
- Sacramental Preparation Registration Form
- Copy of child’s Baptismal Certificate
- Sacramental Fees
***IMPORTANT: Your child is not considered registered for First Communion until a registration form, payment is verified. Baptismal Certificate must be submitted to the Parish Office. ***
PLEASE CONTACT THE PARISH OFFICE WITH ANY QUESTIONS:
Address: 4355 Del Mar Trails Rd., San Diego, CA 92130